We want the Tour de Crème to be a good time that showcases land conservation and rail-trails here in Mattapoisett. It’s also an opportunity to raise funds for projects that benefit everyone in the area. It’s completely voluntary; we hope you’ll take on the challenge.
Our goal is to raise $10,000. All proceeds will be split 50/50 between two projects: a rail trail to Marion and preservation of the Hammond Quarry property—53 acres of scenic woodlands on the west side of Mattapoisett Neck Road.
Asking for donations can be easy if you follow our Fundraising Tips. And as a thank you, everyone who raises at least:
- $25 will receive a Tour de Crème t-shirt.
- $100 will receive a Tour de Crème t-shirt and an Oxcart lobster roll or a locally sourced gourmet wrap from HowOnEarth at the post-ride party.
- $250 will receive a Tour de Crème t-shirt and a set of rechargeable Kryptonite front and rear bike lights.
- $500 will receive a Tour de Crème t-shirt and a spiffy 3-pocket yellow Tour de Crème bike jersey. (The jersey shown is a preliminary design, the actual jersey will be a little different.)
- $1,000 will receive a the whole kit and caboodle!
You don’t have to ride to fundraise, and you don’t have to fundraise to ride. Either way, you’re invited to the post-ride party!
It’s easy to set up a fundraising page on our Crowdrise page. Click “Join the Event,” “Fundraise for the Event” and “Start Your Own Fundraiser.” Then ask people to go there to donate on your behalf. If you have already registered but not yet set up a fundraising page, step-by-step instructions can be found here: How To Set Up Your Fundraising Page.
If you want to receive your bike jersey on the day of the ride, please let us know by April 27th that you’ll try to raise $500 or more. You can do that when you register for the ride or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept checks too. Just bring them with you to the start.
We’ve set up a special fundraising team on Crowdrise for our Elite fundraisers—those pledging to raise $500 or more. Join Team Elite to show up on the fundraising leaderboard!